Scheduler - Aviation
Summit and TransMedics Aviation have joined forces to create a National Aviation Network dedicated to organ transplant missions across the US.
TransMedics has initiated a national program for organ retrieval and organ management with the goal of increasing utilization of donor organs for transplant using the Organ Care System (OCS) technology platform in conjunction with our best-in-class Logistics Command Center.
Transplant Logistics is a recently created organization responsible for leading all aspects of TransMedics’ transplant logistics, enabling the exponential growth of the National OCS Program (NOP). The team’s comprehensive scope includes data analytics, network and topology design, capacity planning, product and program management, and the daily execution of air and ground transplant logistics operations, managed by a world-class central command center operating 24/7 in Andover, MA.
The Aviation Scheduler for aircraft and crew will plan and coordinate aircraft schedules efficiently based on missions and crewing. The Scheduler is responsible to execute every aspect of the mission from beginning to end, anticipating the needs of TransMedics teams, the aircraft, and crew members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Receive the incoming phone calls for flight request.
- Schedule crews, including adjusting for crews in training, sick, PTO etc., finding replacements and/or scheduling extra days as needed.
- Assist Dispatch with flight cancellations or reroutes.
- Determine the most efficient way to complete all requested missions with the available aircraft and crew.
- Select the aircraft and crew for flight request.
- Ensure hangar availability if inclement weather is predicted.
- Set up early or late arrivals with FBO’s.
- Obtain required PPR’s and/or slots, check NOTAM’s, check weather at departure and arrival airports and proactively plan alternate airports as needed.
- Identify, anticipate, and take corrective action to minimize potential/actual delays due to scheduling operations, crew legality, and maintenance issues.
- Track Crew duty times for Federal regulations.
- Coordinate with Maintenance teams for aircraft maintenance, repositioning, and test flights.
- Coordinate with Maintenance when aircraft cleaning is needed.
- Comply with all Federal Aviation regulations for crew pairings, weather alternates, NOTAMS.
- Ensure all aircraft and crew logs have been completed daily.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and safety standards, including complete knowledge of Part 135 regulations.
- Review, prepare, and submit post flight expense reports.
- Special projects and duties as assigned by department supervisors.
- Performs other TransMedics tasks and duties as required
This is a Full Time position located in Andover, MA.
- Prior experience in aviation, crew management, or customer service required.
- Strong personal and work ethics along with a high level of integrity.
- Knowledge of FARs in regard to Part 91/135 operations.
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to the changing needs of the business.
- Must have the ability to work quickly, calmly, and under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills along with ability to think outside the box.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent oral/written communication and problem resolution skills are required.
- Proficiency in using industry-specific software and tools with the aptitude to learn new software.
- 365/24/7 operation - must be willing to work nights and weekends and Holidays if required.