Summit and TransMedics Aviation have joined forces to create a National Aviation Network dedicated to organ transplant missions across the US.
TransMedics has initiated a national program for organ retrieval and organ management with the goal of increasing utilization of donor organs for transplant using the Organ Care System (OCS) technology platform in conjunction with our best-in-class Logistics Command Center.
Transplant Logistics is a recently created organization responsible for leading all aspects of TransMedics’ transplant logistics, enabling the exponential growth of the National OCS Program (NOP). The team’s comprehensive scope includes data analytics, network and topology design, capacity planning, product and program management, and the daily execution of air and ground transplant logistics operations, managed by a world-class central command center operating 24/7 in Andover & Bedford, MA.
The Maintenance Controller will coordinate scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the Summit Aviation Fleet at base and remote locations to ensure timely return to service. Coordinate with the Summit Charter team internally as well as outside vendors to ensure flight safety, compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies, and minimize operational interruptions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coordinates and manages maintenance operational issues; AOGs (aircraft on ground), mechanical interruption’s, in-flight emergencies, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance with Summit Aviation Pilots, Charter team and DOM/Assistant DOM.
- When applicable order, manage parts required for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and coordinate with Summit Parts team for core returns.
- Evaluates reported aircraft discrepancies and develops appropriate repair or recovery plan.
- Communicates a return to service estimate for AOG aircraft with Summit Charter team.
- Monitors current aircraft hours and cycles ensure time-sensitive inspections and deferred items MEL/NEF/CDL expiration times are scheduled and not exceeded.
- Evaluate the individual aircraft schedules for opportunities to schedule service checks and cleanings.
- Maintain and manage the aircraft due list and discrepancies/deferrals in the web-based flight schedule.
- When applicable coordinate the process for aircraft ferry flights to a maintenance provider.
- Maintain Summit maintenance web-based pass down/turnover.
- Audit all RTS paperwork and packages for aircraft being returned to service and file digital copies in Summit Aviation’s digital filing system, ensure original paperwork is mailed to Summit Aviation’s home base.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are conducted with current FAA regulations and OEM approved data, when needed provide outside vendors with applicable data or references.
- Performs TransMedics tasks and duties.
- Valid and violation free Airframe and Powerplant certificate always.
- Always maintain a valid driver’s license.
This is a full-time position located in Bedford, MA.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in at least one of the related fields or a combination of both: Business Jet Aviation Maintenance and/or Military Aviation Maintenance
- Previous Part 135 experience preferred (not required)