Dispatcher - Aviation
Summit and TransMedics Aviation have joined forces to create a National Aviation Network dedicated to organ transplant missions across the US.
TransMedics has initiated a national program for organ retrieval and organ management with the goal of increasing utilization of donor organs for transplant using the Organ Care System (OCS) technology platform in conjunction with our best-in-class Logistics Command Center.
Transplant Logistics is a recently created organization responsible for leading all aspects of TransMedics’ transplant logistics, enabling the exponential growth of the National OCS Program (NOP). The team’s comprehensive scope includes data analytics, network and topology design, capacity planning, product and program management, and the daily execution of air and ground transplant logistics operations, managed by a world-class central command center operating 24/7 in Andover, MA.
The Dispatcher is the primary point of contact for all crew members and is responsible for relaying all pertinent information to the proper departments as well as advising crew members of any changes to the flight schedule. Candidates will work closely with the Schedulers to manage crew member’s duty day in relation to on duty and off duty times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Receive incoming calls from crew or from TM team.
- File legal flight plans.
- Inform FBO of aircraft arrival and departures. Obtain PPR’s as needed.
- Ensure all ground handling, deicing, fuel, landing/departure slots, and landing/overfly permits are in order before releasing a flight.
- Coordinate the FBO, fuel, and flight planning when dealing with weather delays and re-routes.
- Advise appropriate personnel of potential/actual delays and conditions affecting safety of flight.
- Track all aircraft.
- Track crew duty times for Federal regulations.
- Vet all personnel through TFFSP (TSA).
- Comply with all Federal Aviation regulations for crew pairings, weather alternates, and NOTAMS.
- Identify, anticipate, and take corrective action to minimize potential/actual delays due to scheduling operations, crew legality, and maintenance issues.
- Request assistance from Aircraft Sourcing for outside aircraft if we mechanical or cannot cover due to availability.
- Arrange hangar in inclement weather and ensure FBO has de-ice capabilities.
- Submit expense reports and resolve any discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and safety standards, including complete knowledge of Part 135 regulations.
- Special projects and duties as assigned by department supervisors.
This is a Full Time position located in Andover, MA.
- Prior experience in aviation, crew management, or customer service required.
- Dispatch Certification required.
- Strong personal and work ethics along with a high level of integrity.
- Knowledge of FARs in regard to Part 91/135 operations.
- Knowledge of core job competencies including, but not limited to also weather & ATC.
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to the changing needs of the business.
- Must have the ability to work quickly, calmly, and under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent oral/written communication and problem resolution skills are required.
- Proficiency in using industry-specific software and tools with the aptitude to learn new software.
- 365/24/7 operation - must be willing to work nights and weekends and Holidays if required.