Chief Flight Instructor
Summit Aviation, located in Bozeman, MT, is looking for a full-time Chief Flight Instructor to join our team.
We are the flight training provider for Montana State University while serving the local aviation community and beyond. Our enthusiastic staff, cutting-edge curriculum, mountainous location, and modern fleet provide an unmatched flight training experience for our students.
The Chief Instructor is responsible for providing and ensuring quality flight instruction as well as overseeing and evaluating the flight instructor staff. We are looking for a determined and creative individual who has a strong working knowledge of the FAR's and has prior experience working with a university flight program as a Chief or Assistant Chief, that will be a leader and mentor to both instructors and students. We are a very busy flight school and responsibilities will be split between Chief and Assistant Chief Instructors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Certifies all training records, graduation certificates, stage and final test reports, and student recommendations; conducts each stage and/or final test given to students.
- Conducts initial proficiency check on flight instructors; conducts annual recurrent proficiency checks in accordance to FARs; ensures compliance with FARs.
- Supervises flight training activities; monitors flight instructor performance and makes recommendations.
- Coordinates scheduling/dispatch activities related to scheduling of students, instructors, and aircraft for flight training; monitors overall student progress; ensures availability to flight students desiring advice or consultation.
- Maintains currency with regulatory and procedural changes in the flight training environment; reviews and updates all aspects of flight training programs; ensures training materials are current and available.
- Schedules and leads meetings with staff; meets with prospective students and parents; maintains a cooperative and communicative attitude with airport officials and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) personnel; performs other duties as assigned.
Full-time position. Pay starting at $80,000 DOE.
- Must meet 141.35 (d)(e) requirements.
- Must have excellent communication skills, work well with others, and a high level of productivity in a fun and fast-paced environment.