Assistant Chief Flight Instructor
Summit Aviation, located in Bozeman, Montana, is looking for an Assistant Chief Flight Instructor to join our team.
We are the flight training provider for Montana State University while serving the local aviation community and beyond. Our enthusiastic staff, cutting-edge curriculum, mountainous location, and modern fleet provide an unmatched flight training experience for our students.
The Assistant Chief Flight Instructor will assist the Chief Instructor in supervising all flight training programs in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations Part 141 and Part 61 and Summit Aviation’s approved standards and policies.
We are looking for a determined and creative individual who has a strong working knowledge of the FAR's and has prior 141 experience working with a university flight program, that will be a leader and mentor to both instructors and students. We are a very busy flight school with 18 flight training aircraft and multiple simulators. We operate with the utmost safety and professionalism while maintaining a fun and positive atmosphere.
We are not just a regular flight school. In addition to an award-winning flight training operation, Summit operates a Part 135 Charter fleet of Phenom 300 jets, provides professional aircraft management services, and possesses a worldwide aircraft sales department. We believe in providing aviation opportunities to our career-bound students and work hard to place them into our company.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Model a high level of professionalism, integrity, and enthusiasm for assisting students and fellow staff members
• Providing quality flight and ground instruction
• Assisting in supervising activities and evaluating flight instructing staff performance and making recommendations
• Assisting in the coordination of scheduling/dispatch of students, instructors and resources for training
• Assisting in coordinating stage check and check ride schedules between students, instructors and examiners
• Assist in monitoring student progression through various curricula and managing electronic flight training records
• Assist other instructors and students through mentorship as needed
• Maintain the highest levels of safety, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures of daily operations
• Assists in reviewing and updating aspects of flight training programs
• Assists in ensuring training materials are current and available
• Assists in scheduling and leading meetings with staff
• Maintains currency with regulatory and procedural changes in the flight training environment
• Assists Chief Instructor in ensuring compliance with FARs
• Maintain a cooperative and communicative attitude with airport officials and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) personnel
• Other duties as assigned
Summit Aviation is located at the Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport at the base of Montana’s beautiful Bridger Mountains with an unbeatable view and endless recreational activities to experience. We are a comprehensive aviation company specializing in private jet charter, aircraft sales and acquisitions, aircraft management and professional pilot training. Experience our family atmosphere, breathtaking views and all the coffee you can handle while you enjoy a rewarding career contributing to our exceptional team! If you have ambition, love to turn the impossible to the possible, and are missing the word "quit" in your vocabulary, come be part of our ambitious, forward thinking family.
- Must hold current CFII certificate, valid Commercial Pilot Certificate- ASEL & AMEL, MEI
- Must hold and maintain current 2nd class medical at minimum
- Previous Mountain Flying experience highly preferred
- Must be flexible with ability and willingness to adapt quickly
- Must have excellent communication skills, work well with others, and a high level of productivity in a fun and fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in a university flight program required
- Experience with Cessna 172 and Diamond aircraft preferred
- Must meet FAR 141.36 requirements
- 2 years as a CFI required